POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Camera and spline : Camera and spline Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Camera and spline
From: Rohan Bernett
Date: 19 Sep 2002 01:10:02
Message: <web.3d895b3bbc3b35e0d02c7b870@news.povray.org>
I'm working on an animation of an asteroid flying past the Earth. The camera
is moving along the same spline as the asteroid and, at first, is looking
along the spline following the asteroid, then at 4 seconds, it changes to
look at the Earth as it flies by. Now, the way I have it done at the
moment, just changes the look_at point to <0,0,0> (the location of the
Earth), during the flyby. This results in a jump when the look_at point
changes to looking at the earth, and another one when going back to the
spline (where the asteroid is on its way to the moon). What I'd like to do
is make this transition smooth, and have the camera rotate back to the
spline after the flyby. Any ideas on how to do this?

Rohan _e_ii